Registered Patent Attorney
1221 Brickell Ave
Miami, FL 33131
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Trademark and Copyright Acquisition and Counseling
- Intellectual Property Transactions
- Business Litigation
2018: University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude, Certificate in Intellectual Property Law
2015: University of Miami, College of Engineering, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, minor in Religious Studies
- Florida Bar, Business Law Section and the Entertainment and Sports Law Section
- Cuban American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Committee
- The Junior League of Miami (Provisional Member)
- Federal Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, Young Professionals Council
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Florida
- Asociación Interamericana de la Propiedad Intelectual (ASIPI)
- American Bar Association
Overview: Stephanie Vazquez is a bilingual Registered Patent Attorney focused on high stakes intellectual property litigation matters. A Miami native fluent in both Spanish and English, Ms. Vazquez represents a variety of domestic and international clients in complex patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret disputes with cross-border implications.
Ms. Vazquez’s litigation experience includes not only Federal and state proceedings, but also Trademark Trial and Appeal Board proceedings. She is experienced in the preparation of cease and desist letters, formal responses to demand letters, preparation of intellectual property complaints, as well as addressing related answers and responsive pleadings. Additionally, Ms. Vazquez is skilled in preparing motions for summary judgment, advanced discovery motions, as well as related motions for dismissal and amendments of initial pleadings in multi-million dollar actions. Ms. Vazquez has further successfully defended against jurisdictional challenges, motions for summary judgment, as well as motions to dismiss in numerous Federal jurisdictions. Likewise, Ms. Vazquez has extensive experience mediating and settling complex cases.
Representative matters and legal accomplishments:
- American River Nutrition v. BGG, Case No. 8:18-CV-2201 (C.D. Cal. June 20, 2019) (defeat of motion to dismiss patent infringement action for want of patent eligible subject matter under 35 U.S.C 101 on behalf of dietary supplement manufacturer).
- MEP Fla., LLC v. FreshBev, LLC, 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 104346 (S.D. Fla. June 20, 2019) (entry of default final judgment in declaratory action involving alleged breach of contract and trade secret claims).
- Vallejo v. Netflix, 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 89008 (S.D. Fla. May 24, 2019) (successful opposition of motion to dismiss copyright claims concerning Vallejo’s allegations of copyright infringement regarding Narcos series).
- Designs for Health, Inc. v. Tops Medical Corp., Case No. 3:18-CV-01142-TJC-PDB (M.D. Fla. May 6, 2019) (entry of consent final injunction regarding use of Designs for Health marks, and settlement of $225,000.00 in infringement action).
- James v. OneUnited Bank, 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 74418 (S.D. Fla. May 1, 2019) (dismissal of action and successful settlement of copyright infringement claim brought on behalf of local photographer).
- Gomez v. Woolf et al, Case No. 1:18-CV-24643-UU, (S.D. Fla. 2019) (successful settlement of copyright infringement dispute on behalf of local muralist).
Prior to joining Allen Dyer’s Miami office, Ms. Vazquez graduated cum laude with a certificate in Intellectual Property Law from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, where she graduated in the Top 15% of her class. While at Florida Law, she received the Book Award in Trade Secret Law, was inducted into the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society, and also served as a Teaching Assistant in both the Legal Research and Writing and Appellate Advocacy courses. She also interned at the University of Florida’s Office of Technology Licensing where she was responsible for conducting prior art research on new technologies invented by university employees and students, to assess the patentability and commercial viability of the inventions. During law school she also served as a Patent Extern at the Elijah J. McCoy Midwest Regional United States Patent and Trademark Office within Art Unit 3667, focusing on the examination of patents relating to computerized vehicle controls.
Before attending Florida Law, Ms. Vazquez received her Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Religious Studies from the University of Miami. As an undergraduate engineering student, Ms. Vazquez served as a Research Assistant in the Mechanical Engineering Department, where she assisted in research focused on cell characterization testing using atomic force microscopy. She was a founding member of the Upsilon Delta Chapter of her sorority, Chi Omega, and also served on the Student Government Advisory Board, the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee, as well as La Federación de Estudiantes Cubanos.
Ms. Vazquez is also an active member of the Miami community, as a provisional member of the Junior League of Miami, a volunteer association focused on making significant impact within the areas of homelessness, family violence, child and women’s health and childhood education. Further, Ms. Vazquez is active in the South Florida legal community, including through her work with the Young Lawyer’s Committee of the Cuban American Bar Association.